Sunday, September 12, 2010

Food Styling For Photography







This was a very interested class, taught by Denise Vivaldo, an expert food stylist who has created more then 10,000 parties for celebrities. It was quite interesting seeing all of the tools and props used to make food look the way it does on camera. Everything we see advertised is fake! Personally, if i write a recipe book, I want to make it as authentic as possible, but it was still interesting hearing all of her stories about being in the business. One of my favorites was her talking about setting up a food scene for the movie Hook! Rufio! She's got a lot of good tips and making it in the world of food styling, it might not be something I would want to be professionally, but I learned a lot of useful things for taking photos for my own books and blogs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment