Thursday, September 2, 2010

"not so simple living" festival




















This Festival was quite delightful. Camping all around and booths galore, which are some of my favorite things. There was everything from wine making to Acorn Mush! :) Turned out to be quite a busy weekend for me, seeing that i was hopping from here to the raw food convention and back. There was always something exciting happening ^.^

I enjoyed the talks on local and organic food and gardening. Some nice products like green cleaning supplies and clothing. I even got to learn and make my own lavender wands! I wonder what other herbs and flowers that would work with.. One of my favorites was a talk about medicinal plants. Did you know that Arnica (A. chamissonis) reduces pain and bleeding after accidents, shock and trauma? Cat nip is sedative, diaphoretic, astringent, carminative, and great for children! Helps with teething, gas, hyperactivity and many other things.

Another one of my favorite booths was one where natives were teaching about there herbs, and doing demonstrations and taste testings of "Acorn mush." Acorns were a very important food for native americans. They are good for controlling blood sugar levels, high in fiber, rich in vitamins and minerals, and relatively low in fat compared to other nuts. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment